Thank you for your interest in Santa Fe Prep. We are eager to meet you and show you our school. Prep offers many opportunities for student growth and character-building through a strong program of academics, arts, athletics, and community service. Prep is a closely-knit community with frequent and meaningful student-teacher interaction, a successful Honors and Advanced Placement program, superior arts and science facilities, and access for our graduates to the best colleges and universities in the country. At the heart of our school is our outstanding student body and a passionate group of faculty focused on helping students grow and succeed.
Like all schools, Prep has had to adjust to various modes of teaching and learning during the pandemic. We started this school year fully remote and are prepared to quickly pivot to a hybrid mode and eventually back to a fully in-person mode when it is safe to do so and state mandates allow. No matter the mode, we are committed to providing an engaging, meaningful, connected school experience for our students. As we like to say around here, “Prep is still Prep!”. Learn more about our Continuity of Learning plan that focuses on how we are addressing this moment.
Due to the pandemic, we have made some changes to our Admissions process this year. Unfortunately, we cannot host students on campus for Visit Days. However, we have added a number of ways for prospective students and families to get to know the school and hear from current students. We encourage you to explore our website to learn more about school life in our middle and upper schools, as well as what sets us apart from other schools in the area. Please complete our Admissions Inquiry Form so that we can be in touch and share information about upcoming events. If you are ready to apply, you may click here for information to help guide you through the application process.
Once you’ve had a chance to look over our website, we invite you to attend a Virtual Open House, come on a campus tour, and/or to schedule a family meeting to learn more. You can read more about these options below. Please contact us at 505.795.7518 or firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your tour or family meeting.
Getting to Know Prep:
- Attend a Virtual Open House: We are offering three Open House opportunities to meet the Admissions team and other administrators in the school, participate in mini-classes taught by Prep faculty, and hear from current Prep students about their experience. Open Houses will be held on October 23, November 19, and January 14, from 4:00-5:30 pm on Zoom. Register for a Virtual Open House here.
- Tour the School: We are doing small-group, masked tours on Saturdays this year. We will be giving tours the mornings of October 3, October 24, and November 14. Contact us to sign up for a day and time. We can also offer individual tours on a limited schedule.
- Schedule A Family Meeting: We would love to meet with you to learn more about what you’re looking for in a middle or high school and to tell you more about Santa Fe Prep. Please contact us to arrange a time for an online meeting. (Please note: The Family Meeting is a required step in the Admissions process and can be done before or after submitting the application.)
We look forward to welcoming you to our community.
– Mary Little, Director of Admissions
– Summar Aubrey, Associate Director of Admissions
We hope you enjoy this short video about our school.
Virtual Admission Open Houses
Friday, October 23, 4-5:30
Thursday, November 19, 4-5:30
Thursday, January 14, 4-5:30
Virtual Student Chats
Tuesday, October 13, 4-5pm
Thursday, November 12, 4-5pm
Thursday, December 10, 4-5pm
Virtual Parent Conversations
Tuesday, December 1, 5-6pm
Monday, January 25, 5-6pm
Math Assessment Testing
Saturday, January 30, 11-12
Thursday, February 11, 4-5
Saturday, February 20, 11-12
Thursday, February 25, 4-5
Small Group Campus Tours
(Call To Schedule)
Saturday, October 3
Saturday, October 24
Saturday, November 14
Most Competitive College
American (2), Amherst, Barnard (3), Bates, Boston U, Bowdoin, Brandeis, U of British Columbia, Brown (3), Bryn Mawr, Caltech, Carleton (3), UChicago, Claremont McKenna (6), Colorado College (10), Columbia, Dartmouth (3), Denison, Emory, George Washington (4), Gettysburg, Harvard, Kenyon, Lafayette, Macalester (2), Middlebury (2), MIT, NYU (5), Northeastern (2), Northwestern, Oberlin (4), Occidental College (3), Pitzer (5), Princeton, Reed (4), Richmond (2), St. Andrews, Scripps (2), Skidmore (3), Smith (3), Stanford (2), UT, Austin, Trinity University, Tufts (2), Tulane (2), US Military Academy at West Point, UCLA (2), UC San Diego, UC Santa Barbara, USC (3), Vassar (3), Wake Forest, Wash. U St. Louis, Williams (4)