Santa Fe Prep uses an outside firm, School and Student Services (SSS), to process tuition assistance applications. All families requesting tuition assistance must file a Parents’ Financial Statement (PFS) with SSS and submit additional tax information. To be eligible for consideration for the 2021-2022 school year, SSS must receive your PFS by February 26, 2021.
Based on the financial information you provide, SSS will give us an estimated amount your family can contribute to educational expenses. This estimate is a starting point to help us make fair and objective financial aid decisions.
Please note that Santa Fe Prep requires financial information from both custodial and non-custodial parents, and for each stepparent, guardian or adult wage earner living in the home. In addition to completing the PFS, you will also need to submit a signed copy of your 2020 IRS Form 1040 (including W-2s and all accompanying schedules), and all corporate and partnership/sole proprietorship forms (1020s, schedule C, K-1s, etc.) if you own a business. Please note that you will need to complete your taxes early enough to meet the published deadline of February 26, 2021 for filing an application.
You may wish to view the PFS Workbook ahead of time, to see the kinds of information required in the PFS. This workbook is a guide to completing the 2020-21 PFS with start to finish features and line by line instructions.
To Submit Your Information Online
- Starting on November 1, 2020, go to sss.nais.org/parents.
- Click on the “Apply Now” button.
- Set up a PFS online account using your email address and a password. Returning parents: If you completed an online PFS application last year, use your email address and existing password. If you’ve forgotten your password, click on “forgot my password” and follow the steps to create a new one.
- Complete and submit the PFS.
- Follow the instructions provided by SSS and upload a copy of your 2020 taxes, W2s, and all supporting schedules.
- Once you have submitted your PFS, you will have access to the “My Documents” page of the PFS online, where you can upload documents.
If paperwork is submitted by the deadlines listed above, and the student is accepted to Prep, families will be notified of any tuition assistance awards by March 12, 2021.